Green Building Design and Construction Certificate
One of the “Greenest” buildings in the world, the Jim Pattison Centre of Excellence is the home for the Green Building Design and Construction Certificate Program, and is the location for the two “on-campus” weeks of the program.
This program is offered in a “blended” format which
involves both on-campus classes and off-campus online study:
- The Certificate is 360 hours of study delivered over 18 weeks
- 16 of the 18 weeks will be delivered via the internet through an online learning community
- 2 of the 18 weeks are delivered on-campus In classroom settings: Week 2 of the program and the Final week.
- For off-campus sessions, experts and special speakers will deliver their material via video and webinars.
- This approach is designed to allow working professionals to participate in the program with a minimum of disruption in their lives.
The program starts February 20, 2012. Space is limited and an early application will provide the best opportunity to secure a seat.
This article is part of the Sustainability in Education Series. If you have your own 100-150 word Sustainability in Education story please send it to David Williams so that it can be featured in upcoming editions of Inside Okanagan College.