In 2010, Okanagan College held an involved consultative process to create the institution’s strategic plan. As a result, there were elements of sustainability included in the college’s 2010-2015 vision and key directions.
A strategic plan is important because it sets the direction for an entire organization. At Okanagan College, our atrategic plan articulates into what is supported, pragrammed and funded. It’s a fundamental part of our philosophy and operations.
Part of Okanagan College’s 2010-2015 vision is that “We serve, leade and anticipate the social, economic and environmental needs of communities.”
Additionally, one of the college’s key directions (top-level strategic goals) is “Sustainbility.” The following objectives speak to Okanagan College’s sustainability focus at every level of the institution:
- Embed sustainbility in the full range of educational programming.
- Increase sustainable practices in all operations.
- Educate students and employees to act sustainably.
- Promote leadership and collaboration with communities in developing sustainable practices.
- Ensure financial sustainability.
Read the entire strategic plan here.